VILLAGE PANCHAYAT SIOLIM-MARNA
V.P. Office is open from Monday to Saturday (Closed on Sundays and Second Saturday of the month).
Morning : From 10:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Evening : From 02.30 p.m. to 05.00 p.m.
The sarpanch, together with other elected panchayat members (referred to as panch), constitute the Gram panchayat. The sarpanch is the focal point of contact between government officers and the village community and retains power for five years.
The Deputy Sarpanch of the Panchayat shall exercise the powers and perform the duties of the Sarpanch when the Sarpanch is absent, on leave or is incapacitated from functioning.
A Panchayat Secretary is an employee under the control of department of Panchayat Raj & Rural Development in the State. His powers are as follows; He is the administrative head of the village. Has the power of maintaining the village funds-collection and disbursal.
The Village Panchayat of Siolim-marna has employed 2 clerks and 2 peon to whom the work is entrusted by the Panchayat from entry of Applicant to its acceptance, compilation and final disposal.
The Panchayat holds fortnightly Meetings wherein the decisions are made in respect of Proposals received from Public an thereafter conveyed within 10 days to the concerned applicants.
Channels of Supervision:
1)Block Development Officer
2) Dy. Director of Panchayats.
The Director of Panchayats.
RULES, REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS, MANUALS AND RECORDS, HELD BY THE PANCHAYAT
1) The Goa Panchayat Raj Act 1994.
2) Register of Births and Death Act, 1969 and Rules 1997.
3) Citizen Charter.
4) Right to Information Act, 2005
CATEGORIES OF DOCUMENTS
1) Register of Births and Deaths Records , born and dead in Siolim
2) Construction License & Occupancy issued to house constructed and occupied.
3) Works undertaken by Panchayat.
4) Complaints of Illegal Constructions.
LIST OF MEETINGS
1)Panchayat Meeting – Open to the Public.
2)Gram Sabha Meeting – Open to the Public.
3) Other Committees – Open to the Public.